1. Homeotropic Aligning Phase Separated Columnar Structure for Fabrication of Flexible Electrooptical Devices, B. R. Acharya, H.-C. Choi, M. Srinivasarao, and S. Kumar, Appl. Phys. Lett. 99, 2211108 (2011).
2. Diffuse Cone Behavior and Microscopic Structure of the de Vries Smectic-A and Sm-C Phases, H.-G. Yoon, D. M. Agra-Kooijman, K. Ayub, R. P. Lemieux, and S. Kumar, Proceedings SPIE 8114, 811400 (2011).
3. Comment on "Raman Scattering Study of Phase Biaxiality in a Thermotropic Bent-Core Nematic Liquid Crystal'' Reply, M.S. Park, B-J. Yoon, J-O. Park, S. Kumar, and M. Srinivasarao, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 109802 (2011).
4. Nonsymmetric bent-core liquid crystals based on a 1,3,4-thiadiazole core unit and their nematic mesomorphism, J. Seltmann, A. Marini, B. Mennucci, S. Dey, S. Kumar, and M. Lehmann, Chem. Mater. 23, 2630 (2011).
5. Condensation of Self-Assembled Lyotropic Chromonic Liquid Crystal Sunset Yellow in Aqueous Solutions Crowded with Polyethylene Glycol and Doped with Salt, H-S. Park, S-W. Kang, L. Tortora, S. Kumar, and O. D. Lavrentovich, Langmuir 27, 4164 (2011).
6. Direct Observation of Diffuse Cone Behavior in de Vries Smectic-A and -C Phases of Organosiloxane Mesogens, H-G. Yoon, D. M. Agra-Kooijman, K. Ayub, R. P. Lemieux, and S. Kumar, Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 087801 (2011).
7. Homogeneous and homeotropic alignment of bent-core uniaxial and biaxial nematic liquid crystals, H-G. Yoon, S-W. Kang, M. Lehmann, J-O. Park, M. Srinivasarao, and S. Kumar, Soft Matter 7, 8770 (2011).
8. Designing bent-core nematogens towards biaxial nematic liquid crystals, M. Mathews, S-W. Kang, S. Kumar, and Q. Li, Liquid Crystals 38, 31 (2011).
9. Crystalline, Liquid Crystalline, and Isotropic Phases of Sodium Deoxycholate in Water, Z. Su,S. Luthra, J. F. Krzyzaniak, D. M. Agra-Kooijman, S. Kumar, S. R. Byrn, and E. Y. Shalaev, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 100, 4836 (2011).
1. Raman scattering study of phase biaxiality in a thermotropic bent-core nematic liquid crystal, M.S. Park, B-J. Yoon, J-O. Park, V. Prasad, S. Kumar, and M. Srinivasarao, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 027801 (2010).
2. Self-assembled, condensation and ordering of lyotropic chromonic liquid crystals in water solutions crowded with additives, L. Tortora, H.-S. Park, S.-W. Kang, V. Savaryn, S.-H. Hong, K. Kaznatcheev, D. Finotello, S. Sprunt, S. Kumar, O. D. Lavrentovich, Soft Matter 6, 4157 (2010).
3. Publisher’s Note: Nematic biaxiality in a bent-core material [Phys. Rev. E 81, 051706] (2010), H.-G. Yoon, S.-W. Kang, R. Y. Dong, A. Marini, K. A. Suresh, M. Srinivasarao, and S. Kumar, Phys. Rev. E 81, 059902 (2010).
4. Nematic biaxiality in a bent-core material, H.-G. Yoon, S.-W. Kang, R. Y. Dong, A. Marini, K. A. Suresh, M. Srinivasarao, and S. Kumar, Phys. Rev. E 81, 051706 (2010)
1. Concentration, temperature, and pH dependence of sunset-yellow aggregates in aqueous solutions: An x-ray investigation , L. Joshi, S.W. Kang, D. M. Agra-Kooijman, and S. Kumar, Physical Review E 80, 41703 (2009).
2. Synthesis and characterization of thermotropic liquid-crystalline properties of azomethine dimers, P. K. Bhowmik, H.-S. Han, A. K. Nedeltchev, H. D. Mandal, J. A. Jimenez-Hernandez, P. M. McGannon, L. Lopez, S.-W. Kang and S. Kumar, Liquid Crystals 36, 1389 - 1399 (2009).
3. Synchrotron X-ray diffraction investigation of the anomalous behavior of ice during freezing of aqueous systems, D. B. Varshney, J. Elliott, L. A. Gatlin, S. Kumar, R. Suryanarayanan, E. Y. Shalaev, J. Phys. Chem. B Letters 113, 6177–6182 (2009).
4. Self-assembling discotic liquid crystal porphyrin into more controllable ordered nanostructure mediated by fluorophobic effect, X. Zhou, S.-W. Kang, S. Kumar, and Q. Li, Liquid Crystals 36, 269 - 274 (2009).
5. Phase transitions in freeze-dried systems - quantification using in situ synchrotron X-ray diffractometry, D. B. Varshney, S. Kumar, E. Y. Shalaev, S.-W. Kang, P. Sundaramurthi, L. A. Gatlin, and Suryanarayanan, Pharmaceutical Research, 26, 1596-1606 (2009).
6. Structure of Ceramide-1-Phosphate at the Air-Water Solution Interface in the Absence and Presence of Ca2+, E. E. Kooijman, D. Vaknin, W. Bu, L. Joshi, S.-W. Kang, A. Gericke, E. K. Mann, and S. Kumar, Biophysical Journal 96, 2204-2215 (2009).
7. Role of Molecular Structure in X-ray Diffraction in Thermotropic Uniaxial and Biaxial Nematic Liquid Crystal Phases, B. R. Acharya, S.W. Kang, and S. Kumar, J. Phys. Chem. B, PG deGennes memorial edition, 113, 3845–3852 (2009).