1. The Mystery Behind Low Layer Shrinkage in de Vries Smectic liquid Crystals, Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Trombay, India, December 23 (2013).
2. Liquid Crystals: Testing Grounds for Science and Technology, Seminar at Physics Department, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India, Nov. 23 (2012).
3. Understanding Swarms, Cybotactic Groups, Correlated Regions and Pretransitional Fluctuations, Ecole européenne de Chimie, Polymères et Matériaux Strasbourg, September 26 (2011).
4. Submolecular Organization in de Vries Smectic-A and –C Phases, University of Paderborn, Germany, September 21 (2011).
5. Direct Observation of Diffuse Cone Behavior in de Vries Smectic-A and Smectic-C phases of Organosiloxane Mesogens, S. Kumar, McGill University, Nov. 22 (2010).
6. Liquid Crystals: Materials at the Confluence of Chemistry, Physics and Technology, S. Kumar, Youngstown State University, OH, March 5 (2010).
7. Thermotropic Biaxial Nematic Phase of in Single and Multi-Component Systems, S. Kumar, Seminar at Karl-Marx-University, Leipzig, Germany, Dec. 18 (2009).
8. Using X-ray Scattering to determining Structure of Liquid Crystal Phases, S. Kumar, Seminar at Chemnitz University, Germany, Dec. 17 (2009).
9. Thermotropic Biaxial Nematic Phase of in Single and Multi-Component Systems, S. Kumar, Seminar at Martin-Luther University, Halle, Germany, Dec. 16 (2009).
10. Thermotropic Biaxial Nematic Phase of Bent-Core and Tetrapodic Mesogens, S. Kumar, Seminar at Chemnitz University, Germany, Dec. 10 (2009).
11. Overview and General Pointers for Proposal Writing, S. Kumar, Proposal Writing Workshop for Social Sciences, Humanities and the Arts, Kent State University, Nov. 17 (2009).
12. NSF Overview and Proposal Writing, S. Kumar, Grant Proposal Writing Workshop, 2009, Kent State University, May 12 (2009).
13. Thermotropic Biaxial Nematic Phase, S. Kumar, Advanced Photon Source, Argonne National Laboratory, August 8 (2008).
14. What is “Broader Impact” and How to Strengthen It, S. Kumar, Physics Colloquium, Kent State University, July 10 (2008).
15. NSF CAREER Program, S. Kumar, NSF CAREER Proposal Writing Workshop, Kent State University, April 15 (2008).
16. Writing Strong Grant Proposals for National Science Foundation, S. Kumar, University of Missouri, Columbia, May 23 (2007).
17. Using Phase Separation as a Play-Tool to Fabricate Liquid Crystal Optical Devices, S. Kumar, University of Texas, Arlington, TX, April 12 (2006).
18. Funding opportunities at the Directorate of Mathematical and Physics Sciences of the National Science Foundation, S. Kumar, NSF Day, University of Akron, March 23 (2006).
19. Research Funding for Materials Research at the National Science Foundation, S. Kumar, NSF Outreach Program, Cleveland State University, March 24 (2006).
20. Biaxial Nematic Phase, 6 hr lectures at “ALARICO Summer School on Soft Matter: Nanoscience and Photonics, Science and Technology”, University of Calabria, Italy, 16 May, 23-28 (2005).
21. Self-Assembling Pharmaceutically Relevant Systems, S. Kumar, Pfizer, Inc., Dec. 10 (2004).
22. Samsung Projects, S. Kumar, Presentation at Samsung Electronics Company, August 26 (2004).
23. Fast uniaxial and biaxial nematic Devices, S. Kumar, LG Phillips, Kumi, Korea, August 24 (2004).
24. The elusive biaxial nematic phase in monomer liquid crystal: What took so long?, S. Kumar, Department of Polymer Engineering, University of Akron, October 1 (2004).
25. The mystery of the thermotropic biaxial nematic phase, S. Kumar, Department of Physics, Case Western Reserve University, September 27, (2004).
26. Liquid Crystal Research at Kent State University, S. Kumar, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, July 15 (2004).
27. Performing New Tricks With The Old Phase Separation Method To Make Liquid Crystal Devices, S. Kumar, Institute Curie, Paris, France, April 25 (2003).
28. Plastic LCDs Fabricated with the PSCOF Method, S. Kumar, Samsung Electronics, Seoul, Korea, March 20 (2003).
29. Making Plastic LCDs of Different Shades with the PSCOF Method, S. Kumar, LG Philips, Seoul, Korea, March 21 (2003).
30. Use of Small Angle Scattering Methods to Study Structure of Micellar Solutions, S. Kumar, Unilever, Edgewater, NJ, February 25, 2003.
31. The Elusive Thermotropic Biaxial Nematic Phase, S. Kumar, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, February 10 (2003).
32. Bulk and Surface X-ray Scattering from Soft Materials: Basics of X-ray Diffraction, S. Kumar, NASA Langley, Hampton, Virginia, November 4 (2003).
33. Things You Should Know About Copyright, Copyleft, and Patents, S. Kumar, Kent State University, Feb. 21 (2002).
34. Biaxial Nematic Phase in Bent-Core Liquid Crystals, S. Kumar, University of Sao Paulo, Sept. 20 (2001).
35. Use of the Phase Separated Composite Films Method to Build Any Type of LC Device, S. Kumar, LG Philips, S. Korea, August 28 (2001).
36. The Elusive Biaxial Nematic Phase and Bent-Core Liquid Crystals, S. Kumar, University of Korea, August 27 (2001).
37. Physics Research at Kent State University, S. Kumar, University of Delhi, India, Dec. 19, (2000).
38. Fabrication of Liquid Crystal Electro-optical and Photonic Microdevices, S. Kumar, Philips Research Laboratories, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, Dec. 15 (2000).
39. Using Phase Separation to make LC based Photonic Micro-devices, S.. Kumar, Lucent Bell Laboratories, October 17 (2000).
40. Phase Separation as a Tool to Fabricate Photonic Micro-devices, S. Kumar, Boston University, October 20 (2000).
41. Surface Morphology and Liquid Crystal alignment, S. Kumar, Samsung Electronics, Seoul, S. Korea, July 19 (2000).
42. The Role of Surface Morphology in Liquid Crystal Alignment on Solid Substrates, S. Kumar, University of Brazil, Sao Paulo, Brazil, June 20 (2000).
43. A new phase separation method to build liquid crystal displays and microdevices, S. Kumar, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, Feb 4 (2000).
44. What do we know about liquid crystal alignment on solid substrates?, S. Kumar, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, Feb 3 (2000).
45. A Novel Method for Liquid Crystal Displays and Microdevices, S. Kumar, McMaster University, Jan 21, 2000.
46. Novel Phenomena at Interfaces in Soft Materials, S. Kumar, Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, Nov. 30 (1999).
47. Liquid Crystal Gratings and Microlenses, S. Kumar, Colloquium at Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, India, August 12, (1999).
48. X-ray reflectivity and AFM studies of substrate Surface Morphology and Liquid Crystal Alignment, S. Kumar, Department of Chemistry, Clemson University, Clemson, SC, March 11, 1999.
49. Phase Separated Composite Films (PSCOF) of Liquid Crystal and Polymer, S. Kumar, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dec. 10 (1999).
50. Phase Separated Composite Films of Liquid Crystal and Polymer for Electro-Optical Applications, S. Kumar, Allied Signal, Morristown, NJ, November 5, (1998).
51. Liquid Crystal Alignment and Surface Morphology of Substrate-LC Interfaces, S. Kumar, Naval Research Laboratories, Washington, DC, October 22, (1998).
52. A New Liquid Crystal Display: Phase Separated Composite Organic Films of Ferroelectric Sm-C* LC, S. Kumar, De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines, January 22 (1998).
53. Phase Separated Ferroelectric Sm-C* Liquid Crystal Displays, S. Kumar, Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines, January 14 (1998).
54. Liquid Crystal Alignment on Solid Substrates, S. Kumar, University of Philippines at Diliman, January 7, (1998).
55. What Really Aligns Liquid Crystals, S. Kumar, Liquid Crystal Institute, Kent State University, October 1, 1997.
56. Study of alignment layers by x-ray reflectivity and atomic force microscopy, S. Kumar, University of Massachusetts at Lowell, June 12 (1997).
57. Study Of Liquid Crystal Films Using X-Ray Newton's Fringes, Colloquium at Wooster College, April 3, 1997.
58. Characterization of Liquid Crystals by X-ray Scattering, Seminar at R. W. Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Raritan, N.J., March 28, 1997.
59. Longitudinal Ferroelectric Liquid Crystals: Attempts and Successes, Colloquium at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, October 25, 1996.
60. Roughness and Morphology of Thin LC Films, Colloquium at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Sept. 1995.
61. X-ray Reflectivity Study of Thin LC Films, Colloquium at University of Missouri, Columbia MO, April 12, 1995.
62. Structure of Liquid Crystal Films and Anisotropic Morphology of Alignment Layers, Seminar at Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, India, December 7, 1994.
63. X-ray reflectivity Studies of Liquid Crystal Films and Alignment Layers, Seminar at the Naval Research Laboratory, February 25, 1994.
64. Nematic to La Phase Transition in a Lyotropic Liquid Crystal, Seminar at Brandeis University, January 19, 1994,
65. Incommensurate Smectic-A Phases?, Colloquium at Kent State University, Feb. 20, 1992.
66. Nematic to Smectic-A Transitions in Liquid Crystals, Seminar at University of Akron, March 6, 1990.
67. Phase Transitions in Micellar Liquid Crystals, Kent State University, April 1986.
68. Advances in Liquid Crystal Display Technology, Seminar at University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, Oct. 1986.
69. Phase Transitions in Lyotropic Liquid Crystals, Chez-Piere Seminar at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, May 1984.
70. Phase Transitions in Lyotropic Liquid Crystals, Seminar at Exxon Research Laboratories, New Jersey, April 1984.
71. High-Resolution X-Ray Studies of Smectic Phases, Colloquium at University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, Dec. 1981.
72. Temperature Dependence of Layer Thickness in the Smectic Phases of TBAAs, Seminar at Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Bombay, India, Jan. 1981.
73. High-Resolution X-Ray Determination of Smectic Structure, Seminar at Meerut University, Meerut, India, Dec. 1980.
COLLOQUIUM AND SEMINARS